Dead Sea salt is known for its therapeutic and healing benefits since ancient times.
This article will provide you all you need to know about Dead Sea salts, why it is so beneficial, and how to use it effectively and safely.
Dead Sea salt is the salt or mineral that comes from the Dead Sea.
Where is the dead sea?
The Dead Sea also called the Salt Sea s bordering Jordan, Israel, and the West Bank. It is 306 m in depth and the saltiest lake in the world with 34% salinity. The high salinity of the sea does not provide an appropriate environment for sea animals. So the animals cannot flourish in it.
It is the reason that this sea is named the Dead Sea. Since ancient times, people have been traveling to the shores to soak in the salty water to treat skin conditions like psoriasis, ease stress, and boost overall health.
Dead Sea Salt contains 21 minerals like magnesium, calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc, and potassium. These essential minerals naturally occur in our bodies and carry out various functions. They are also known to treat, detoxify, and cleanse our bodies.
Salts from the Dead Sea contain natural healing minerals and elements that improve overall health and wellness. Water enriched with this salt benefits the body from the inside out and refine the entire body functions.
Dead Sea salt benefits
Various studies and researches support the fact that minerals found in Dead Sea salts promote skin health. They are also helpful in detoxifying and restoring the body, especially the skin and muscles.
Dead Sea salt contains 21 elements that provide numerous benefits. Let us discuss some of the benefits of it.
1.Provides healing minerals and elements
Dead sea salt has several healthy minerals that are beneficial for the human body in given ways.
It is a detoxifying agent that removes toxins from the body. It also regulates the secretion of bile from the liver.
Keeps bones and teeth healthy
Improves cell’s metabolic activities
Iodine regulates the body’s thyroid gland functioning by maintaining the production of thyroxin in the body. The deficiency of this mineral causes health problems and diseases.
It is healthy for the skin and also boosts the immune system of the body
It is a detoxifying agent that removes waste from the body and reduces muscle cramps.
2.Treats skin conditions
It is clear from various researches that washing the face or bathing regularly with the dead sea salt water provides relief from many skin disorders like acne, psoriasis, and skin allergies. The saltwater increases skin hydration, making it soft and smooth. The sulfur present in the salt cleanses the skin and effectively removes acne and scars.
3.Prevents hair loss
Rubbing Dead Sea salt in the scalp minimizes hail loss in both men and women.
Treats Rheumatologic Conditions
The Dead Sea minerals bath provides relief from joint swelling and stiffness. It also helps in treating Arthritis, back pain, and bursitis. The minerals improve the circulation of blood in the human body and reduce inflammation. The muscles get relaxed, and the pain is reduced.
4.Acts as An anti-aging agent
The salt defies the aging effects by reducing Wrinkles and fine lines. The minerals deeply detoxify the skin and give a moisturizing effect that makes skin beautiful and younger.
Himalayan pink salt VS Dead sea salt
Now let’s see how dead sea salt is different from the Himalayan pink salt.
- Himalayan salt comes from the mines near the mountains of the Himalayas in Pakistan. It gets extracted with hands, and we use it in its pure natural form. On the other hand, Dead Sea salt comes from the Dead Sea, a salt lake bordered by Jordan, Israel, and Palestine.
- Himalayan salt is edible, whereas the latter one is not. Pink Himalayan salt is widely used in cooking, seasoning, and preserving food. Dead Sea minerals are excellent for topical treatments. They are not safe to be used as a food ingredient and taste quite bitter.
- Himalayan salt has a variety of colors, depending on many factors. It may be pink, white, orange, or peach red in color. The Dead Sea minerals have a dirty, brown, or white hue.
- Himalayan salt contains 84 natural elements and minerals, which make it more nutritious and healthy. Dead Sea salt consists of 21 minerals, including large amounts of magnesium, potassium, sodium, calcium, chlorine, and smaller amounts of sulfate and bicarbonate. It is not healthy for consumption.
Himalayan salt has therapeutic and healing features. It contains the minerals and elements that are beneficial for human health and well being. So we can clearly say that Himalayan salt is superior to Dead Sea salt for having great features and healthy nutrients.
Dead Sea salt VS Epsom
- Dead Sea salts get extracted from the Dead Sea, while Epsom salt comes from Epsom in Surrey.
- Dead Sea salt contains sodium chloride and various minerals. While the Epsom salt is not salt as it does not contain sodium chloride. It comes with higher levels of magnesium and sulfate. We call it a “salt” as the structure of its flakes is similar to the salt.
- Dead Sea salt is harmful to consume, while small amounts of Epsom salt can be taken orally or by enema to treat constipation.
Despite many differences, both these salts are often mixed to use in skin products because of their magical benefits for treating various skin problems.